An opportunity has arisen to be part of a small but growing team at Jago, a Personal Branding agency that operates a remote model.
While we allow remote working, our ideal candidate will be based less than 40 minutes from Greater Guildford.
We’re looking to appoint a Personal Brand Manager, with a flair for social and storytelling to join the Jago team.
As we are a growing agency, our Personal Brand Manager will be invested in our ambitious plans to scale up over the next few years and expand our client portfolio in the service-based sectors both with agencies and corporate clients.
Reporting directly to the Strategy Leader, Steve Richards, this is a multi-faceted position that is ideally suited to a creative, strategic, driven, people-focused writer.
They must be both a versatile writer and an equally versatile communicator, used to managing their own workload. A background in facilitation, teaching, or customer service would be helpful as the role involves extensive one-on-one interaction with a diverse range of clients.
This is a hands-on writing role. You will be working as part of a small team, so a willingness to innovate and muck in is a must. Crucially, this isn’t a ‘churning out copy’ job. You will be joining up the clients personal brand strategy with their storytelling. Making connections between how they are positioned and what their key messages are with what their audience need and want.
You will be involved in decision making within the business, and you should have strong research skills and the ability to understand new, complex subjects quickly.
As you are writing for a variety of clients, you’ll also need to embody the voice and character of each of our clients specifically. The main requirement for this role is being a genuinely great writer and communicator, with the ability to adapt to creating content for a variety of situations.
Regular writing tasks will include (but by no means be limited to) creating and editing:
- Personalised social content (short form LinkedIn posts)
- Naturalistic video dialogue (storyboarding/script writing)
- About Me (a one off 121 session with a client about what makes them tick they way they tick)
- Clients about sections on LinkedIn
- Internal decks
- Client-facing decks
- Blogs and marketing materials
You will also be researching and securing relevant speaking opportunities for our clients for podcasts and live events.
You will review the clients personal brand strategy (Pathfinder) and social strategy (Gray Wolf) before embarking on regular 121’s to collaborate with clients to produce short form posts for LinkedIn. This will ensure the storytelling is joined up with the strategy.
You will be reviewing shield analytics to analyse performance of those posts and identify what is and isn’t working, and what opportunities there are to make the content more effective and engaging. You will take these insights and ideas into the sessions you facilitate.
You will have the ability to ask stimulating questions, probe and challenge clients thinking. You will back this up by referring to the aforementioned strategies and shield insights.
You will hold the client accountable for best practices on LinkedIn, such as posting three times a week, making new connections, replying to all comments and sending video DMs.
The successful applicant will have been working in a content writing or writing role for at least the past 3 to 5 years and will be able to demonstrate experience and understanding of how to write for social media, how to write in a variety of voices, and how to research a wide variety of topics. We see this writing role as 90% client and writing-focused and 10% strategic.
Jago is a service business, rather than a product-based business. That means the role of Personal Brand Manager is likely to evolve over time. You will be supporting your colleagues and the agency in writing and editing content, with a workload that you will have to manage around your client-facing responsibilities.
The role is very autonomous and would suit a driven self-starter with strong initiative. You will begin working one-to-one with clients immediately, so confidence is a must!
Of course, an eye for detail is key, which is why we’re so pleased you spotted this random sentence, which hopefully means you have read the full Jobs Pack, add the words “I spotted you” to the subject line of your email, this will show us that you have reviewed this properly and are interested.
We need a well creative, person-focused writer with the ability to work autonomously and willing to challenge clients thinking and ideas.
Ideally, the new Personal Brand Manager will have experience in some or all of the areas listed below:
- Experience writing a high volume of diverse content
- Working in a creative role
- A general understanding of marketing, branding, and personal branding
- Knowledge of social media
- Strong research skills
- Editing/proofreading experience
- Identifying and booking speaking opportunities
SALARY AND BENEFITS
£27k to £35k per annum.
A successful candidate will have at least 3-5 years of writing/copywriting experience/content design experience, with aspirations to progress within the agency over the next 3-5 years.
Academic qualifications in marketing, sales or business will be advantageous, but the experience in marketing, demonstrable to learn new skills will be paramount.
In return, we will provide:
- An opportunity to be an important part of a growing agency that is looking to establish itself as a ‘go to’ provider of personal branding strategy, training and content creation
- You’ll be part of a close-knit agency that puts its clients first at all times but one that also recognises and rewards the hard work and professionalism of its staff
- 27 days holiday, plus a Christmas shutdown
- Extra day holiday for every year completed
- Early finish on Fridays in June, July & August.
- Heath Care & Wellbeing, choice of Vitality Private Medical Insurance, including rewards for healthy activity or £100 quarterly wellbeing budget for you to treat yourself, such as massage, spa treatment, private yoga session
- L & D – £50 quarterly budget for L & D, including online courses, paid webinars and in person events
- Strengths assessment for each employee
- Emotional Intelligence assessment for each employee
- Strengths and EQ coaching for aspiring Leaders
- Trip overseas, all expenses paid when we hit £1 million in revenue